The Production Supervisor is accountable for leading and managing the effective day-to-day activities of the assigned crews at the plant while ensuring daily excellence so that results are achieved in safety, quality, scrap, downtime, cost and efficiency. This person will be responsible coordinating activities with other supervisors to ensure consistency across shifts and plant, lead continuous assessment, feedback, and development of employees toward higher levels of individual and group performance. Additional responsibilities include conducting regular meetings to discuss business information, plant performance vs. goals, issues, and concerns with crews, and ensuring that the execution of work is consistent with the plant's goals.
Essential Functions and Duties
- Establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports the companies Production Control Management System.
- Develops and recommends improvements of department, equipment or procedures to improve safety, quality, delivery and cost.
- Responsible for directing, scheduling and prioritizing of department production activities to attain 100% schedule completion with acceptable quality.
- Build quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements.
- Responsible for quality control inspection plans and logs.
- Responsible for managing the daily material usage to ensure budgeted yields are attained.
- Responsible for enforcing a preventative maintenance program on all department machinery.
- Ensure a clean and safe work area. Ensure the proper execution of preventative maintenance and housekeeping.
- Responsible for developing, training, accountability and management of hourly employees.
- Responsible for ensuring that all required production paperwork is properly filled out and submitted on a daily basis.
- Responsible for department schedule to include: work station assignments/rotations, employee training, employee vacations, employee breaks, overtime assignment, back-up for absent employees and department rotations.
- Responsible for achieving production schedule attainments
- Coordinate production startups, shutdowns and changeovers.
- Schedule and conduct department meetings.
- Manage special projects as assigned by Plant Manager.
- Additional duties as deemed necessary.
Specific Safety Responsibilities
Set and communicate the safety and health standard for the crew.
Drive safety and health performance improvement in the organization and area supervised through deployment of the location EHS Plan.
Drive the permanent elimination of the unsafe actions of people and unsafe conditions by conducting effective touch audits; coaching in the safety aspects of all jobs supervised; conducting safety crew meetings; establishing safety ownership in all jobs and areas supervised; ensuring that personal risk assessment is continuously practiced by everyone in the organization; conducting audits and inspections as necessary to ensure safety process effectiveness.
Hold employees and others who may enter the area supervised accountable to comply with all safety requirements, including those listed in all Job Safety Analyses.
Ensure that employees have the necessary safety skills by ensuring that the required safety training is completed.
Ensure that all machine safeguards and other safeguards and exposure controls are in place and functional and that safety equipment (including PPE) and tools are provided.
Provide leadership to safety related management of change, including design phase reviews.
Conduct safe shift planning; for each and every shift.
Education and Experience
5+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent; Bachelors of Science degree is desirable.
Three years plant manufacturing experience is required.
Three years of lean manufacturing experience required.
5 + years of experience in production leadership/supervision experience required.
Advanced team problem-solving skills and strong oral communication skills needed.
Understanding of production process specific variances.
Ability to plan production schedules to maximize efficiency and clear communication with each shift.
Understanding the setting of requirements and the customer supplier relationship.
Share operating knowledge and capability to enhance worker's ability to operate the line.
Must have a thorough understanding of manufacturing systems and processes.
Must be able to manage, communicate and develop subordinate employees.
Must be able to work in a team environment with other production supervisors.
Proficiency of various software programs including MS Word, MS Excel and IE Explorer.
Must be able to perform basic math skills and the ability to read a measuring tape and caliper in metric dimensions.
Must have a strong sense of urgency in completing assigned daily duties and hourly goals.
All applicants can apply online at www.leedo.com.